- 1 1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
8 pieces egg yolks
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 big can fruit cocktail (about 30 ++ ounces)
2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
4 cups milk
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups water
- Make the Sponge Cake by sifting the baking powder and 1 cup flour using a flour sifter. Set aside
- Put 4 egg yolks in a mixing bowl and then beat until texture becomes thick.
- Add-in 1/2 cup sugar gradually while beating the egg
- Slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder mixture. Mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Combine 1 cup milk, butter, and vanilla extract in a sauce pan then cook until butter melts
- Pour the cooked mixture (milk, butter, vanilla extract) into the mixing bowl and mix with the existing concoction until evenly distributed
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Pour the combined mixtures in a baking pan then bake for 23 minutes or until sponge cake is ready. Set aside.
- Make the simple syrup by heating a saucepan and placing 1/4 cup sugar.
- Add 1/4 cup of water immediately and cook until the sugar completely dissolves then let cool for a few minutes
- Pour the simple syrup on top of the sponge cake and thens spread. (I spread the syrup using a brush)
- Make the custard by combining 1/2 cup flour, 1 cup sugar, and 3 cups milk in a saucepan then cook while stirring until the mixture thickens
- Put half of the cooked mixture on the bowl where the 4 egg yolks are placed and then mix well
- Put everything back in the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until texture is thick enough (this is now the custard)
- Apply the layer of custard evenly on top of the Sponge cake
- Drain the liquid concentrate from the fruit cocktail and set aside.
- Arrange all the fruits on top of the custard layer. Make sure to place them evenly
- Dilute the gelatin in 2 cups of water
- Heat the saucepan then pour the diluted gelatin and fruit cocktail concentrate and bring to a boil
- Immediately after boiling, turn off the heat and let cool down until temperature is a little above normal room temperature
- Pour the gelatin mixture on top of the fruit cocktail layer
- Refrigerate (preferably overnight)
- Serve chilled for dessert. Share and Enjoy!
Food Recipes Search